Thursday, March 1, 2012

Bead Daze...another day

Now for more pictures from Bead Daze.  Am I tempting you to attend next year?  I hope so.  The classes if you are a member of the Great Lakes Beadworker's Guild are such a deal!  This year the classes were only $40 each day.  Look at the prices for Bead and Button in Milwaukee, and you'll agree with me that it is very worth it to join the Guild and make it to the Detroit area for the classes.  They also have classes almost every month with some of the most talented bead teachers ever.  This month is Amy Katz, and later one is Jill Wiseman.  Unfortunately, my job does not allow me to get off to attend, but WOW!  I actually wish I lived in Michigan! 

Met with all her organized class demos

Met wearing her award winning necklace based on her kits Egyptian Wave
 which I bought

Dinner out with the teachers at Pinewoods

Liz and Metal Goddess Tracy

So much food we could NOT eat it all

Cynthia Nixon & Sharon
Second day at Bead Daze with Met Innmon.  This woman is probably one of the most organized instructors I have ever met in my life.  She has really inspired me to work on my own presentation skills when teaching.  And she is so lovely. She & Nancy Cain are friends from Colorado Springs, but I knew from her accent she was from someplace else.  I nailed it by guessing Texas.  Met's instructions are just amazing too.  They are so clear and detailed that anyone can be successful with her color coordinated instructions and well laid out patterns.  I was so lucky to spend three days with Met.  She showed us the class she is going to be teaching at Bead & Button in June and oh my!  I'm seriously looking at just going up there to take this class...but the drive, the cost, the housing...maybe the GLBG will have her come back next year so I can take her Bali Breeze class.

1 comment:

Sharon Wagner said...

Holy smoke Dot! What a great blog post promoting your new Guild home! Thanks so much, we are thrilled to have you! Met is indeed a wonderful beader and instructor! She will be back to share he wonderfulness!