Friday, March 2, 2012

Bead Daze: day three

Thursday night, Detroit area was hit with a Winter blast.  Sirens had gone off letting everyone know to move their cars as there was a predicted snowstorm dumping lots of snow.  We ignored it all Thursday as the three of us sat beading, downloading funky apps, and laughing so hard we almost had to go out & buy a box of Depends.

Next morning we woke to some snow but not what was predicted.  Driving to class we drove through snow, sleet, freezing rain, and more snow.  The one thing I keep wondering during our drive was wether Janice Berkibile was going to finally wear some socks and boots (she was wearing sandals all week long in Michigan in February).  Whew...Janice did have boots on!  As we were getting out of the car, I had to take a picture of Sharon in the snow so that she could show her new friends in Tucson how she was suffering (cough cough) here in the MidWest in Winter. 

Snow for Sharon
Oh yes...it does snow in Michigan!
My second day with Met was a bit of a turning point for me.  I struggled the first part of the day with structure peyote, but after ripping out my piece more times that I can count, the light bulb went off and I realized that if I actually read her instructions more closely instead of just winging it, I could succeed.  I can't blame Sharon, Liz or Maggie for not letting me concentrate (aka, blabbing) as I was by myself in this class.  Finally with the last hour ticking by, I got my medallion done.  The necklace...well, that will be later, but with Met's instructions I won't have a problem finishing. 



Met's sample of Subtle Elegance.
We all took Liz and Al out for a nice Middle Eastern dinner. Susan S. joined us.  While there, I realized that I'm not the only one that can't go someplace without seeing people I know!  Several of the residents from Liz's program were there at dinner too.  Oh and who did I met in the Detroit area that I didn't expect to see?  Well, there was this little couple who I KNEW I KNEW!  Wound up that they frequent AFIC here in Columbus and both remembered me.  Amazing...but true.

1 comment:

The bad Liz said...

That's right, you met two of my doctors. But Moh-evil didn't come out of the Hookah bar. Bad Moh'd...