Saturday, December 22, 2012

Review: Necklaceology by Candie Cooper


 Today I wanted to share with you a review from one of Lark Craft's Jewelry and Beading's books.  This book came out in September, but I was having such a time trying to sort out things with my personal life, that I didn't get a chance to spend quality time with this new book by Candie Cooper.  The book is Necklaceology: How to make Chokers, Lariats, Ropes & More.

Along with the 40 projects, Candie has small tidbits to help you become successful with your necklace making weather you use wire, fibers, beads, or found objects.
 
Loaded with lots of pictures from Candie's sketchbook.  This picture actually answered so many questions I'd had while designing necklaces.  Mostly, I wondered about lengths.  Here Candie, show the different lengths with common names.  She also gives out lots of information on tools and techniques even giving a short demonstration of bead crochet and suggesting that possibly a homemade pendents using apoxie sculpt might be something unique.
Harvest Moon.  Candie writes: I love how the copper bead caps pick up the rust color in my ribbon yarn!  I brought the yarn with me to the bead shop so I could choose beads that would bring out the purple tones in the fiber".  I'm a fiber girl so this necklace really attracted my attention.  I know a whole lot of fiber artist out there who have bins and bins of wonderful yarn that would make a lovely necklace

Candie calls this necklace "GumBalls" and describes it as playful.  I bought three bags of felted balls several years ago while at the Bead and Button show.  I've played around with them, but this project really made my Muse dance.  I love the idea of using black elastic cording along with the colorful felted balls along with a little thread to make a delightful necklace that anyone from 6-96 would find a joy to wear.

Christmas is just days away. This would be a perfect book for your jewelry loving friend.  If you can't get it to them in time, why not send them a note saying that this fabulous book is on its way and meanwhile a link from our friends at Lark of three necklace projects from Necklaceology to  give them something to play with on Christmas Day. 

Disclosure...As a reviewer of  products from Lark Books, I receive the book above free of charge. I have been asked to review these products and give my honest opinion of the products...positive or negative. I am not being compensated by Lark Books for my endorsement as it pertains to the products received and reviewed.


No comments: