Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I (REALLY) CAN herringbone review

Can a book make you just jump up and down with joy with each and every turn of the page?  Well, I have to tell you that the answer to that question is a 100% YES! it CAN!  Lark Jewelry & Beading's second offering in the I CAN series is a big hit with me.  Melissa Grakowsky's I CAN herringbone is one of those books that you've always dreamed of when you are tackling learning herringbone bead weaving.  Each of the 26 projects will launch you onto the journey of successfully admitting that you LOVE Herringbone.  Wither 360 illustrations and word directions, you will find yourself wanting to make multiple samples of each project as you work your way from very beginner to advanced projects.




I actually took this book with me on vacation making sure it was tucked away in my carry on bag as I was afraid I would lose it.  As I sat by the pool working on herringbone chains, I would look out at the Gulf of Mexico as pelicans swooped and coasted over the waves thinking about the undulating patterns in Mellisa's final project Sinusoidal necklace.  I still have a few more weeks of practice before I can attempt this tantalizing project.


Now for the good new...I CAN herringbone by Melissa Grakowsy is 1/2 price at Barnes & Nobles!  What a fabulous gift and don't you think it would make the beader in your life extremely happy if they unwrapped with wonderful book on Christmas day?  Don't forget to add a little bag of beads with it.


These are a couple projects that got me all excited abouth Melissa's new book.  And I'm dreaming of even more before I tackle the Sinusoidal Necklace.

Vacation project

Herringbone meets Right Angle Weaving

Herringbone chain
Current Herringbone project


 
Experimenting with some ideas from I CAN herringbone
Disclosure...As a reviewer of  products from Lark Books, I receive the book above free of charge. I have been asked to review these products and give my honest opinion of the products...positive or negative. I am not being compensated by Lark Books for my endorsement as it pertains to the products received and reviewed.

No comments: