Monday, October 8, 2012

Kindness

Since the death of Frodo and then Arwen, I have personally witness the absolute kindness of others. Some know me from the Scottie world, others from doll making, and most from the beading community. The cards, flowers, calls, gifts and weekly e-mails to see how I have been doing has made our grief a little less overwhelming. We want to thank you all.

Friday I got a box from Joyce Griffiths who was the owner of Byzantium. She was one of the few who believed in me and coaxed me to enter challenges, teach, and experiment with beads. The years I spent with the staff at Byzantium were some if the happiest times if my life. I would go there on my days off to just BE with the BEADS gossiping, swapping ideas, and just feeling like a member if something special. Joyce made it a very happy place.

Well Joyce heard of my losing my grandma and dogs and sent me a package to cheer me up. And IT DIF. The beanie is a little inside thing as I successfully taught the beaded beanie baby there as a companion to the same article published in Doll Crafter and Costuming. Joyce also knew my love if vintage sequins and nail heads. I was do overwhelmed with this gift and her living card that it took me until today to write about it. I still feel the love of my Byzantium family

1 comment:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That really is a sweet gift. I'm so sorry for the hard times you are going through...it's sad and we all know how bad that feels! Sending you some hugs!