Saturday, December 3, 2011

Button necklaces

Are you like me & can resist that jar of buttons whenever you head out to a flea market? I just can't help myself. I found this big jar of metal buttons for only $12 at a local market. It has been sitting on the shelf over my work desk for month now just taunting me. So when I started to experiment with doing RAW I looked up and an idea popped into my head. Why not use these as cabochons for necklaces. As in the top picture, you can use them in a piece that incorporated more than one cab as they are all uniform in size so you don't have to figure out the count with each individual cab and can just whip these puppies out.



Or you can just find one big button with a nice design that is all right being the main focal. And did I say that I've been using up all the seed beads I've been hoarding from the destash over at Byzantium when they closed. Have no fear that I'll run out...the wall of seeds is still very well stocked! Plus, now that I work at 1 Stop, I get the teachers discount so I'll never ever fear of running out ever again.

1 comment:

ParisMaddy said...

Clever. Love your beadwork,