Thursday, March 17, 2011

Beading for a Cure 2011

This is the message I got yesterday from Beki. I'm still pretty much in shock that Mother's Love won Best Use of Kit: Non Wearable. I still remember working on her with all those delicious purples and bronze. I even took the head with me to finish all that beaded hair when I was in Seattle & then at Ocean Shores. Why am I shocked. Well, there are so many lovely pieces entered this year that it literally takes your breath away. Everything is auctioned on on eBay starting next week and all money goes to Layne's Legacy. So go over and do a little drooling at all the lovely entries, and start saving your money to help beat Colon Cancer and pick up some lovelies at the same time.

Beading for a Cure Auctions

Beki's message:


Here are your winners for the 2011 Layne's Legacy - Beading For A Cure competition!


I can easily speak for all the judges when I say it was very, very difficult for us to choose winners. All of the beadwork was just amazing!
Here is a little note from one of our guest judges, Diane Fitzgerald:

"Thank you for giving me the opportunity to judge this contest. One can see that each entrant put her heart and soul into making a beautiful piece and it was not easy to select my nominations. Even though not everyone could be awarded a prize, I hope that each person understands that they are a winner by contributing to this contest and I wish them all the best."
Please join me in congratulating all of the winners!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I can't see the note from Ms. Fitzgerald, but man what an honor to have her as a judge! Way to go!

Lynn said...

Dot !!! Your piece is fabulous and I am so happy for you! I will certainly be bidding on your gorgeous entry. I just love the faces - so much personality :)

Congratulations!

Sue said...

Just looked at the auction list, and saw your wonderful piece. Wonderful - congratulations on your win, it's well deserved.