Thursday, September 16, 2010

Back from Kauai

YES! I was on vacation for a whole week & still have a few more days before I have to go back to work. I didn't post much about it as I'm leery with all this broadcasting of our lives on the Internet & people finding out you are not home & robbing your house. Paranoid thoughts, but they are happening all the time. Let me tell you that it was so hard not to tell everyone every single day of our upcoming trip, but I was good. I didn't blab. We've been planning this trip for over 4 months. Where did we go???? Hawaii! We decided to go to the Garden Island of Kauai which is one of the more northern island of the chain. I wanted to spend time someplace on the beach & quiet. After spending hours looking at each island, I decided that Kauai was just perfect for us. Then we both spent days trying to find good flights, good hotels, and good sight seeing places. I wound up going through Orbitz and got a great package deal. We flew to Chicago the day after Labor Day, then a nine hour flight on United to Honolulu. Were we ever tired as I couldn't sleep the night before & woke Chris up at 2am when our flight wasn't until 8am. We had a nice lunch in Honolulu airport meeting two folks from Arkansas that had been on our Chicago flight. Hi Kara & Mark! Then to Lihue on a flight that was just as exciting as a ride at the county fair. The Hawaiian Airline plane took off fast & furious sweeping over the island giving us a good view of Wikki & Diamond Head, then out to the Pacific & on to Lihue which was another joy ride to the ground. At Hertz, they asked if I wanted a big car...sure I said not realizing that all the parking lot spaces were made for small cars...so I got a "big boat" of a Mercury Marquis and off to the Kauai Coast Resort at the Beach Boy. Chris called & got us an ocean view room the week before. What a beautiful condo! We sat out on our lanai even though we were totally exhausted and watched the surf crash onto the rocks out on the beach. Leaving both patio doors opened, we feel asleep to the sound of the surf. Talk about lulling a person to sleep.

Then awake & days of fun & adventure! More later as we get the hundreds of pictures Chris took while we were there all organized & ready to post. Here is one picture of me & Benjamin Bunny meeting a new friend at the Kauai Coffee Estate.


4 comments:

DVArtist said...

Yes I agree with you on blogging about travling plans. You just never know these days. It sounds like you had way too much fun but you deserve it.
Nicole/Beadwright

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Lucky Duck!!

Dolores said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful trip with loads of memories.

abeadlady said...

I'm so glad you had such a good time. Can't wait to see more pics.