Monday, June 9, 2008

TAGGED! OH NO!

i got double tagged by Mary T & Lora . I'm going to try this to see if my brain can function. I was called into work last night and could not refuse the 4 extra hours on top of my regular 10 when they dangled time/&half plus $2.00 an hour. I drank enough coffee to keep an elephant awake for 3 days, but didn't get to me too much. Have I mentioned that I drink tons of coffee. Night shift does that to a person. Okay, but back to being tagged:

What was I doing 10 years ago

Cross stitch projects that were HUGE. I have them still on my walls.

Same job as now except at a different hospital. I'm a Medical Technologist working 3rd shift.

Scotties! I was really into anything to do with Scotties back then. I owned a small business selling Scottie dog related items. I was also looking into becoming a member of the STCA (Scottish Terrier Club of America) so I could either show a Scottie or become a breeder. Also, I was very big into collecting Scottie dog antiques. (Still have them all)

I was healthier back then, and smaller! I was taking herbal supplements to keep my weight down & not until I had a 3 week Vertigo attack did I realize they had ephedra.


What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?

Finish the article I'm working on for Doll Crafter and Costuming

Finish my instructions for the class I'm teaching Saturday

Call my niece to get her to watch the hoard next Tuesday when I got to Detroit to see Robert Plant & Allison Kraus in Detroit

Finally, get ready for work. I've got another 10 hours shift



Snacks I enjoy….

I binge eat, so I try not to eat too many snacks. But some of my favorites are #1 DONUTS! Any kind is delicious to me. #2 Nacho Cheese Doritos

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

NOT WORK! REALLY! I can't figure out the people who win the lottery & want to work. If I won millions I'd have scorch marks on my fingers from dialing my Director & tell her NO MORE!

I'd move. Definitely. Love my family, but don't like Ohio weather. I'd probably move out West to Southern Utah.

I'd support local artist by having a gallery where they wouldn't have to pay me the whopping 50 percent rip off price that most galleries here in Columbus charge. I would do this so they could sell more art pieces without jacking up their prices to pay ME & also so other folks could buy more art without having to pay the outrageous prices the gallery want.

Places I have lived:

Ohio. Southern Ohio & Columbus Ohio
Los Angeles California back in the 50s & 60s when I was a kid. Yes, it was a big culture shock to move from LA to a small town on the Ohio River back in 1967. Imagine watching American Bandstand on rabbit ears with so much static you it made your eyes water & seeing two classmates of yours dancing on television. I still have a hard time forgiving my parents from moving from LA to Portsmouth when I was in high school. But I survived.

Jobs I have had:

I'll start from the beginning:
Baby Sitter
House cleaner
Shoe factory line worker
Research assistant (I was only there as window dressing as I was 20 & the only female)
Egg plant line worker (Oh I smelled so bad & couldn't eat eggs for years)
McDonalds (hated this! almost as bad as the egg plant, but at least I smelled different)
Bar Tender
Pharmacy Technician
Medical Laboratory Technician
Medical Laboratory Technologist
Owner of small Scottie Dog related business
Artist! This is my favorite.

I read a book by Natalie Goldburg/or Goldman many years ago, that you WORK is what you'd do no matter if you got paid for it or not. Your JOB is what you do to pay for your WORK. Very few of us are blessed enough to have their WORK be their JOB. There is always hope!

No comments: