Tuesday, December 11, 2007

More bragging


Along with Sparkle getting in 500 Handmade Dolls, I have another brag. Pat Duchine asked me to write an article about beaded art dolls. I couldn't figure out what to do that hadn't been done before by other beaded doll artist. Then my boss asked me if I'd like some plastic beaded curtains...OF COURSE! I'm a hoarder and will take almost anything. At the time I was working on a wrap doll with the fabric faces that Chris does for me. I threw the plastic curtains on my work table next to the other project & it was like a piece of bolt lightening smacked me. So I came up with The Podlings. At first I called them Pod Babies, but someone took that name in a previous issue of Soft Doll & Animal. Pat loved the dolls & when I actually took them down to Annie Hesse's MM&M conference in Richmond Ky, I sold all of them. I had 3 weeks to make dolls to send with the article for photography. I was really a Speedie Beadie then. But I'm so happy with the article in the Feb 08 issue of Doll Crafter and Costuming. The close up photos are just amazing. Oh, I have to thank my husband Chris for doing all the graphics for me . He's a treasure!

5 comments:

KV said...

These are precious! Congrats again on the article. Can't wait to see what you come up with next . . .


Kathy V in NM

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

Congratulations -- these are wonderful -- will keep an eye out for the magazine -- love the Pods.
Jackie in IL

Acey said...

Congratulations on your recent achievements. Love the Scottie pic.

debms said...

Hi,

I love your little pods...I live in a very rural area of MS. Does the magazine articles give the directions for these little guys? I am a new beader and this work has blown me away.

Merry Christmas
Debbie

Mieke said...

Love your blog so much beautyfull beadings to see...please can you tel me where I can buy this book bunches of beading??