Sunday, January 27, 2013

Another Angel

Fiona passed away Thursday here at home with Chris.  My heart is just so broken.  I've had so many people write to me with my previous posting about her getting attacked by a hawk.  Fiona was almost 13 and has had a heart murmur her whole life.   She was an April Fool's baby. She was born 4/1/200. She's survived having puppies,  septicemia, a seizure, and pancreatitis but the hawk attack was too much for her fragile old body. She died of congestive heart failure.  

The very first time we saw Fiona

I knew she had to be mine

Chris fell in love with her too

When we first brought Fiona home.
Here are pictures of our Fiona.  I think I've posted some of these before here on my blog.  I love my old girl still, and both of us will miss her forever.

Fiona always knew where the coolest spot in the house was
And she knew how to give me the look to take her for a walkie
But most of all she knew the best places for a comfortable nap

8 comments:

Marianne said...

my heart is breaking for you. losing a pet is one of lifes hardest events. And for Fiona to have suffered from the attack of a hawk is horrifying. I know there is nothing I can say to ease your pain. Know that I am thinking of you and praying for you and your family as you morn the loss of beautiful Fiona.

char said...

Sorry for your loss. Pets love us and leave us, one of those awful facts of life, and you folks have certainly had your share of late. Wishing you better days ahead.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

The very hardest part of loving...is losing. You have been through a lot of loss recently. I'm so sorry you lost another friend.
xx, Carol

moonlitfantaseas said...

I'm so sorry for your loss

Didi-beadwork said...

my condolences on your loss. I know how much the scotties mean to you.
God Bless,
Diane
New Zealand

Didi-beadwork said...

my condolences to you both on the loss of Fiona. I know how much they all meant to you and chris.
diane
New Zealand

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, I am so very sorry. I know how bad that can be. I'm sending you some extra hugs tonight, my friend! Love, Diane

Lori Anderson said...

I am so, so sorry.