Thursday, October 8, 2009

Back from Lake Tahoe





Well, technically, I've been back for 48 hours, but I have been trying to get myself back into the "groove" all this time. Now, I do adore napping, but I've been sleeping so much. I sure hope by tomorrow that I get my energy back as I must go back to work.

Okay, how was the Bead Unique Retreat? AWESOME! I had the best time meeting old friends from online who I finally have gotten the chance to met face to face. Then the teachers were just amazing. I got to reconnect with Sherry again, & had the best time with her. I had bought Marcia DeCoster's book "Beaded Opulence" before I left so I could reacquaint myself with RAW (right angle weave) and thought it was a fabulous book, but getting to actually take a class with Marcia was great. I did almost finish the project except for the loop in one day! Beki Haley's class was more complicated, but oh did I learn so much. We were doing peyote pinwheels with a curved herringbone chain. I only got a couple inches of the chain completed & one pinwheel, but it really opened by eyes to using structured peyote.

My friends & I went into Reno a couple days early as we wanted to sight see Lake Tahoe area. It was beautiful. Here is a shot of Emerald Bay. Colleen took this picture of Cyn & I as we were sitting overlooking the Lake laughing & talking. The other picture is one I took on the other side of the Lake just as the Sun was starting to go down. Beautiful spot. I know if Chris was with me, he'd have taken so many more pictures. Cyn, Kate, Colleen, Grace & I had a fun time driving around Lake Tahoe, checking out this really weird restaurant in South Lake Tahoe that was decorated with hand carved bears.

I finally got to met Pam & Joanne from Bead Unique magazine. Pam was a hoot! She had me laughing so hard on Sunday at lunch that I almost inhaled my Irish stew. Bad Pam! The lodge was lovely where we were at. There actually was an Oktoberfest there Saturday...boohooo no beer for me! Sunday there were snow flurries all day long sometime with a white out. Our drive back to Reno that night was magical and so beautiful.

Then the long long long Monday trying to get back to Ohio. I got to the airport at 10:30 AM after getting the car back. My flight was delayed twice because of rain in Denver. Then when I finally got to Denver it was delayed even more because only one
runway was open for incoming & outgoing flights. I thought I was never going to get home. Luckily I didn't have anyone sitting next to me on my way back to Columbus so I popped in my DVD of "Curious Case of Benjamin Button", stretched out & relaxed on my way back home.

More later......yes, I'm still tired.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Welcome Home - the trip sounds fabulous! Get your rest so you can have the energy to post your retreat work....I'm dying to see it!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Glad you had a great time. You posted some great pictures too. Can't wait to see the pics of your finished class projects too!

Denise said...

I love that picture of the two of you laughing! It must have been so good for you to see Cyn again! I'm glad you had such a good time!
Cheers, Denise