Friday, January 18, 2008

3 days of beading


I've decided to post pictures of my A&OL doll's progressions. I had a spurt of energy the last three days & managed to get a lot of beading done on her. The pictures are a little dark, but this gives you the opportunity to see why my friends call me SpeedieBeadie. All the time I was working on this doll, my brain keeps buzzing on how can I incorporate this into my future Land of Odds doll. I have this picture in my head, but it won't come out on paper. That could be because I can't draw worth a lick. I know that I want it to be a sculptural piece with multiple dolls, but the dimensions just don't seem to want to come out. I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet & sit down with some wire & build an armature for the main subject and see how it goes after that. Yesterday, I checked at the Land of Odds website & found out that the piece must be 80% beaded with only 20% total consisting of sequins or rhinestones. I love sequins, so I'm going to have to tone down on their usage. Another fun fact. One of my new e-mail buddies, Rolanda, announced that her piece Azure was runner up for the 2007 Land of Odds contest. All 6 dolls were absolutely amazing. I think it was hard to chose which one as they all called to me.

I've got to work a 5 day weekend (that's what I get for trading just one weekend day!). Well honestly, my co-worker turns 60 tomorrow, and his wife wanted to have a big party for him. How could I not say "yes"? So my progress on my A&OL doll will be slower as I'll be working at the hospital. But we'll see, as I love to bead!

2 comments:

Maggie R said...

Nice work so far Dot...
Love the color of the body.
((((hugs))))
Maggie

KV said...

Wow, Dot! This is going to be spectacular . . .

Kathy V in NM