Sunday, May 27, 2007

5/27/07

I got up very early this morning, even before the dogs & decided to work on a few ATCs for a swap due June 1st. Yes, I'm always one of those last minute kind of people. I know what I want to do, but just can't seem to get the gumption up to finish on time. I used some of the Hoffman Fabric for this year's challenge which has beautiful flowers and butterflies on it. I did a bit of sewing on it, but I must admit this is something for me as I'm not very good at using a sewing machine. I only bought one last year for a conference in Ky. I'm learning to use it, but am always amazed at what other artist can do with fabric and thread. I really wish I didn't have to work full time so I could just sit downstairs in my Art Cave & play. But alas, gotta work to feed my addiction and the poochies. I joined a new group on Yahoo called CrazyArtDollz. Sounds like fun. Great excuse for me to explore using different techniques & media. Don't get me wrong...I still am in love with beads. They obsesses my soul, but I want to venture into some other territory & see if I can get into more trouble! LOL! Well, enough for today. I've got a picnic to go to & the weather man is calling for thunderstorms. GREAT! Think I better leave my beads at home. Don't want to be like Dorothy & get caught up in a funnel cloud blasted with all those sparklies. Wait, maybe I do. It'd be one heck of a rainbow, wouldn't it?

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Hi Dot, so did you take beads? I can almost see that twister full of sparklie beads flitting across the country & everyone wondering what made it so beautiful & full of rainbows.... Gee can you believe over 150 sign ups fore the BJP, how cool, eh? See you there ;9

Cyn ~ The Wingedneedle said...

woo-hoo! you changed the template and color of your blog...hmmm looks like 2 of the walls in my bead nest! How was the picnic? Frodo enjoy his alone time?