Saturday, September 20, 2014

Artistic Figures in Cloth and Clay

September first was the day that Artistic Figure in Cloth and Clay opened.  I'm am so honored to be one of the fourteen teachers at this gala event next April in Columbus Ohio.  AFICC is the brain child of my friend Cyndy Sieving.  Cyndy puts on one of the best doll maker's conferences in the country.  Coming into the main hotel doors every two years, you'd think you'd come to a big family reunion, and that is exactly the whole feel of the conference.  I still remember the first time I took one of my beaded bendi dolls to AFIC and was greeted with open arms and such warmth.  Sometimes it is hard to explain the feeling to those who haven't experienced a family where everyone does what you do, is just as excited about new fabrics being displayed by the vendors, and who will wear the most outrageous outfits on the opening night.  And that is just the first hour.


Next year, I'm going to be teaching two days the class Funky Flashy Fish.  The class is designed for anyone who wants to learn bead embroidery on a three dimensional form. Never used seed beads ever in your doll making designs then never worry as this class is for everyone from the very beginner to someone who wants to step back and just have fun with bead embroidery.  Using unique shaped shells, this doll can be covered very quickly and along the way, I'll share some other techniques to make this fish truly your own.  And for those who don't want to sew the fish form, I'll be happy to do that for you as well (just ask). 





And I've been experimenting with the form making a few more fish to add to the school of Funky Flashy Fish.  Join me in Columbus Ohio April 23-26 for lots of laughs, fun and true adventure.




No comments: