Friday, March 12, 2010

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

I've been pretty slack on posting here on my blog. Chris reminded me that I haven't blogged in almost over a month. Winter has been pretty severe here with record amounts of snow in February. Don't know if it was the constant gloomy weather, or just feeling tired all the time at work helping our two new techs get the hang of things, but I just didn't have the energy to whip my brain into posting. I was telling Cynthia that since I finished up Rachel last Summer, I've been feeling a little out of sorts. I think I need a big project to keep my Muse working. So I think from now on, I'll always have some big piece to work on at least once every couple of years just to keep the creative juices flowing.

Chris & I have a big announcement to make. Remember I wrote that we both entered the Ohio Designer Craftsman showcase "Best of 2010"? Well, last Friday we both got letters. We were afraid to open them. I went first & when I saw the word "Congratulations" I was dancing around. They took Rachel's Dream for the show. Then it was Chris' turn. He was very nervous as this is the first time for him. He opened the letter saw the word "congratulations" and beamed all over. They took Mr. Transistor for the show. So, BOTH of us are going to be in this traveling show which will be here in Columbus, Toledo & then Lima. We both have to come up with an artist statement. BLAH! I hate doing that and a biography for the show's publicity.

I've also been working on a Betty Boop doll. I have her almost done. She's hanging on the wall with the other dolls & I'll be posting her soon. Also, Chris has another wild robot type creation. I've also been trying to get some jewelry done for the Scottish Terrier Club of Greater Dayton's show next month. I have a few things to send. Can't actually attend as that is my weekend to work & I'll have to work Friday through Monday.

Got my Beading for a Cure kit last week too. Interesting colors. It really took me some time to figure out what would work with them. I'm pretty sure I'm going to make a doll of some sort for 2011 competition & auction, but have to get the sewing machine out. Did I tell you I call him Hal?

Well, gotta get another cup of coffee & later will post those pictures I promised.
dot

1 comment:

DVArtist said...

Big congratulations to both of you. You deserve it. Cheers and confetti flying.

Nicole/Beadwright