Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Bead International piece


Bead International's CD is well on its way to the Dairy Barn down in Athens Ohio. Am I ever relieved that it is done. I just got off the phone talking to my best buddy, Cyn & we both agreed that it was just so draining & was really taking over such a big part of our lives. Everything else bead or even art related was put on the back burner because I HAD to get BI pieces done, photographed & all the computer work done first. The naming of the files really gave me a hard time. My DH did all that for me & he too had some time trying to figure out what everything meant & actually did call Amy Doeringer to get her take on it. Whew...but it is done! Finished! Now waiting to hear if any of my pieces is going to be accepted. Finger's crossed. And yes, Cyn & I agreed to get BI '10 done early! LOL!!!!!!

This is the bracelet that I submitted. It is called Wyoming Sunset as I got inspiration for it while vacationing out at Devil's Tower in Wyoming. We camped at the base for three days. It was so fabulous to wake up every morning with the Tower outside our tent window. Every night there was a monsterious thunderstorm so each night the sky was painter's delight of colors and patterns. I used textured fabric as the base with aluminum cuff blank that I bought at Dick Blicks. Then I just enjoyed beading it with textures and colors that winged me back to those days in Wyoming.

2 comments:

Denise said...

That is just beautiful! I just love the colours and you can tell you beaded in your comfort zone because you nailed it!!!! Good luck with the competion!!
Cheers, Denise

Maggie R said...

This is a gorgeous cuff Dot...
You are one busy lady full of wonderful creative ideas.. Thanks for sharing
((((hugs))))
Maggie